Tuesday, April 24, 2012

RSA


On the 24th of April our class walked down to the R.S.A and made Anzac biscuits for the elderly. We took photos of people that were in the war and people that had died in the war with their medals. We also took photos of the medals that some of the soldiers were given. We learnt that the men in the war had to wear hard hats that were made out of metal. There was also a poem about the soldiers that had died in Flanders field. The poem that they wrote was for the men that died in the war and now are in Flanders field. They wore metal armor that protected there bodies. I wonder what it would be like to kill somebody. The soldiers slept in trenches night by night and were very uncomfortable. Later on a lady gave some Rosemary to every one in our class. The Rosemary smelt like rose petals. Some people took photos of other people wearing a metal hat. Some of the medals that were up on the wall belonged to some of the old people that were at the R.S.A but they didn’t really like to tell us about them. A man told us how the war started and how it finished it was very interesting. Some of the people found there great grandfathers picture up on the wall. I wonder what it would feel like to be in the war and to kill people. I think it would be horrible! There was also a sign that said “At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them”. The saying reminded me of my grandad. I can’t wait to go again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anahera,
    Very nice story.I think it was nice that we took the Anzac biscuits we made to the R.S.A. The tour of the R.S.A we great and there was lots of learning. I found out more about my Grandad while I was at the R.S.A even though he wasn't in the war.

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete