Thursday, March 15, 2012

Our 'Reuben Patterson" inspired Koru Art

With Mrs. D we did koru art. First we started off by ruling a line down the middle, then we started drawing korus. After that we painted them. Soon we started glittering them. I reckon they looked cool with the glitter on. Then we started the other side of the korus. Again we had to draw them except this time when we did them we had to draw a different type of koru. We also used different colours. We had to pant the back ground on this side. We used green and blue glitter on the other side and this side we used red and gold glitter.

http://www.reubenpaterson.com/

I think you will have to visit our class or come to assembly to see all of our fantastic work!




11 comments:

  1. It was so much fun doing the korus with Mrs D

    Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my koru picture. It was a good idea to put gliter on them. It makes them stand out. The gliter was a big mess though and the cleaner has to clean it up. I love Bryas (which is the bottom one). I hope Mrs D has alot more art ideas. She is the art pro. I think she is the Queen of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, mystery child !!!! I love that you think I'm the Queen of Art. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. i think it was alot of fun doing the korus and they all look fabulous!!!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun!
    I am now offically finished my koru art
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the paintings of the Koru's look amazing!!!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely thrilled with your beautiful koru pictures. They are absolutely amazing because you put so much thought, care and effort into them. Congratulations Room 6 whizzkids !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing!
    -Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is Laura Mrs D. I think you are the Queen of art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura ! You're a little treasure !! See you tomorrow. I can't wait to see the paintings up on the beam.

      Delete
  9. All of the art was cool

    ReplyDelete